Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The allocation for 2016-2017 is £9950
The allocation for 2017-2018 is £17990
- At Bishop David Sheppard we are passionate about giving children every opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge through an ever widening window of opportunity.
- We believe that the allocation of the Sports Premium further enhances the opportunities for all our children to learn about and adopt life-long healthy habits. We recognise the contribution of PE and extra-curricular clubs in developing the whole child and improving overall well-being and academic achievement. Also, sport should be a fun and enjoyable experience. Giving children a voice to choose sports they would like to experience is essential.
- For the academic year 2016-17 we are rapidly expanding our lunchtime and after school clubs choice and availability. We want children to have opportunities to try new things.
Main Aims for 2016-2017
- Employ a dedicated Clubs Co-ordinator to ensure a wider choice of clubs, liaison with outside providers, organisation of registers and safeguarding of children. Also the Clubs Co-Ordinator will monitor impact of clubs through attendance data and pupil voice.
- Pay for a specialist PE Teacher to support the PE Subject Leader, NQT’s and Clubs Co-Ordinator. We will monitor this for impact within the quality of teaching PE and quality of provision for after school clubs.
- Identify children who don’t participate in sports clubs and find out what clubs would interest them. (Pupil voice)
- Identify pathways to external providers. The main focus will be swimming and rugby through links with the clubs.