Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The allocation for 2017-2018 was £17990
The allocation for 2018-2019 is £18010
- At Bishop David Sheppard we are passionate about giving children every opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge through an ever widening window of opportunity.
- We believe that the allocation of the Sports Premium further enhances the opportunities for all our children to learn about and adopt life-long healthy habits. We recognise the contribution of PE and extra-curricular clubs in developing the whole child and improving overall well-being and academic achievement. Also, sport should be a fun and enjoyable experience. Giving children a voice to choose sports they would like to experience is essential.
- For the academic year 2018-19 we are rapidly expanding our lunchtime and after school clubs choice and availability. We want children to have opportunities to try new things. We are also creating more opportunities for children to participate in competitions.
Main Aims for 2018-2019
- Employ a dedicated Clubs Co-ordinator to ensure a wider choice of clubs, liaison with outside providers, organisation of registers and safeguarding of children. Also the Clubs Co-Ordinator will monitor impact of clubs through attendance data and pupil voice.
- Pay for a specialist PE Teacher to support the PE Subject Leader, NQT’s and Clubs Co-Ordinator. We will monitor this for impact within the quality of teaching PE and quality of provision for after school clubs.
- Identify children who don’t participate in sports clubs and find out what clubs would interest them. (Pupil voice)
- Identify pathways to external providers and provide opportunities for children to participate in competitions and competitive sport.