Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Pupil Premium Policy Final
Department for Education
Articles and advice for children and young people.
PP Strategy 2020-2021
PP Strategy 2018-2019
PP Strategy 2017-2018
PE and Sports Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The allocation for 2021-2022 is £17410
At Bishop David Sheppard we are passionate about giving children every opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge through an ever widening window of opportunity.
We believe that the allocation of the Sports Premium further enhances the opportunities for all our children to learn about and adopt life-long healthy habits. We recognise the contribution of PE and extra-curricular clubs in developing the whole child and improving overall well-being and academic achievement. Also, sport should be a fun and enjoyable experience. Giving children a voice to choose sports they would like to experience is essential.
For the academic year 2021-22 we are continuing to ensure that all our children have access to a wide variety of lunchtime and after school clubs. We want children to have opportunities to try new things and will provide this through a variety of ways, such as clubs and enrichment days. We are also creating more opportunities for children to participate in competitive sport.
Main Aims 2021-2022
- Engagement of all children in regular physical activity, aiming for 60 minutes each day (Active 60 initiative).
- Children will have a range of opportunities in and out of the school day to move and be active including, Daily Mile, lunchtime clubs, break and lunchtime activities, curriculum PE and after school clubs.
- Continued development of high quality PE delivery across the school.
- Identify children who don’t attend clubs and find out what clubs would interest them (Pupil Voice).
- Ensuring children have more opportunities to participate in competitive sport
UK Government website
PE and sport premium for primary schools.