Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Department for Education
Articles and advice for children and young people.
PP Strategy 2020-2021
PP Strategy 2018-2019
PP Strategy 2017-2018
PE and Sports Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The allocation for 2022-2023 is £17620
At Bishop David Sheppard we are passionate about giving children every opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge through an ever widening window of opportunity.
We believe that the allocation of the Sports Premium further enhances the opportunities for all our children to learn about and adopt life-long healthy habits. We recognise the contribution of PE and extra-curricular clubs in developing the whole child and improving overall well-being and academic achievement. Also, sport should be a fun and enjoyable experience. Giving children a voice to choose sports they would like to experience is essential.
For the academic year 2022-23, we are continuing to ensure that all our children have access to a wide variety of lunchtime and after school clubs and activities. We want children to have opportunities to try new things and will provide this through a variety of ways, such as clubs and enrichment days. We are also creating more opportunities for children to participate in competitive sport.
Main Aims 2022-2023
- Engagement of all children in regular physical activity, aiming for 60 minutes each day (Active 60 initiative).
- To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Continued development of high quality PE delivery across the school.
- Ensure more children have access to a broader range of sports and physical activity.
- Ensuring children have more opportunities to participate in competitive sport.
UK Government website
PE and sport premium for primary schools.